Volunteers are an integral part of our operations and help to ensure our continued success. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer on their own. Volunteers as young as 10 can volunteer with a parent or legal guardian at all times in a limited capacity. Applicants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent/guardian signature on paper documents. We want to insure that you have a safe, comfortable and fun experience, so additional training may be provided based on particular tasks in which you choose to participate.
Ready to Volunteer?
Please look below for available volunteer positions! If you see a position you would like to apply for, complete an application online. Once your application is received by our Volunteer Coordinator, you will be contacted for a phone interview!
After the initial interview, if we feel you are a good fit for the position, we will schedule a General Orientation with you. To handle animals, you must attend a dog or cat specific orientation as well.
Note: Specialized training will be given for all open positions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email us at:
Available Volunteer Positions
- Front Desk Volunteer
Have a knack for customer service? Love to help people and animals? Why not put your customer service charm to good use by helping our staff at our front desk! This position would include such things as answering the phone, scheduling clients, email correspondence, etc.
- Groundskeeping Volunteer
Love the great outdoors? Got a green thumb? Join our volunteer group as part of our groundskeeping team! We need volunteers who don’t mind getting a little dirty to make our outdoors a beautiful place.
- Cat Isolation Caregiver
Calling all cat lovers with a gentle heart! In a shelter environment, it is common to have sick kitties. Sometimes they come in under the weather, and sometimes they catch a cold while staying with us. We need cat lovers to help clean these sweethearts’ homes. This position would include such things as cleaning cages, providing food and water, cleaning litter boxes, etc.
- Thrift Store Sorting Volunteer
Does this item spark joy? Help us sort through our donated items at the thrift store to help fund our programs!
- Enrichment Volunteer
Are you the type of animal lover who wants to help every animal grow to be the best they can be? We are looking for Enrichment volunteers to help work with our animals on such challenges as basic obedience and socialization, while at the same time provide enrichment to brighten their shelter days! This is a limited position that will require an interview with our Animal Enrichment Manager prior to acceptance.
- Concierge Volunteer
Help us to greet and direct customers who arrive at our front door!
Already a volunteer? Click here to read the Volunteer Orientation Handbook. It contains important information that all volunteers, new and seasoned, should view.
- ‘Eight Is Great’ Finder Foster Program: Foster kittens until they reach adoptable age
- Cat Care: Includes cleaning carriers, bowls and litter pans and scoops as well as socializing and grooming cats. After taking our specific cat cuddling class, cat cuddlers are able to assist staff on Sundays and Mondays from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM; Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM.
- Dog Walking: Dog Walkers are needed each day of the week. After taking our specific dog walking class, dog walkers are able to come walk dogs on Sundays and Mondays from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM; Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Clerical: Assembling medical folders, data entry and informational packets that are used for adoptions and other general office help.
- Drivers: Supporting the Shelter and Thrift Store by picking up and dropping off donations from various locations.
- Fundraising Activities: Participate in many diverse fundraising events that include a variety of activities such as selling Anderson Candies, volunteering at our Thrift Store in Beaver Falls, selling raffle tickets and hoagies or distributing and collecting donation banks at local businesses.
- Fostering Animals: Open your home to shelter animals that need a safe, loving environment to thrive and get prepared for their forever homes. View our Foster Services/Foster Requirements here.
- Special Events: Participate in special events such as our annual Tails on the Trails Pet Walk, which is held each September in Brady’s Run Park.
THANK YOU for supporting these projects and your interest in helping the animals and community of Beaver County!!!!