BCHS Thrift Store generates funding for the many programs we offer to the animals in our shelter and our community. Thrift store volunteers help the store manager run the store.
BCHS Thrift store is open Tuesdays through Saturday’s from 10:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. Volunteers may assist one day or make a regular commitment depending on their schedule.
The Thrift Store is located at 1900 7 th Ave Beaver Falls, Pa 15010 724-846-0202
When do we need help?
Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday – Friday – Saturday
From 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sort through donations to verify that items received are in good condition for customers to buy.
- Label donations for their intended use, discard of donations we are unable to sell
- Note: This is a physically active volunteer position.
SPECIAL CAPABILITIES NEEDED
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds
- Willing to learn sorting process
- Must be able to understand, learn and utilize Thrift Store policies and procedures.
All volunteers who are interested in volunteering at the Thrift Store, will first complete an Orientation
Class at the Thrift Store. All volunteers will complete hands-on training for the various Thrift Store tasks
led by the Thrift Store Manager and Staff.
Volunteers should commit to working in the Thrift Store a minimum of 4 days per month.
Please complete and submit the online volunteer application for the open Thrift Store position.
Once your application is received, you will be contacted by our Volunteer Coordinator to go over
availability and training.