Click a button below to view pets reported as missing:
Have you found a stray animal that you're not sure what to do with? Here are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that the animal is safely returned to its owner.
- Check to see if the animal has any identification tags. Owners will often put a phone number directly on the tag or collar. You may be able to reunite the lost pet with its owner without having to call us.
- If the animal has a rabies or license tag, the Beaver County Humane Society can help you trace it. Call our Lost & Found desk at 724-775-5801 X 105. Please provide the license and/or rabies tag number, along with a description of the animal and we will call you back.
- Search our online lost pet pages to see if the animal you have found has been reported missing by its owner. To view animals reported lost to the Beaver County Humane Society, please click on the appropriate link at the top of the page.
- If the animal is not aggressive and you would like to keep it at your home while we try to locate its owner, submit a Found Pet Report using the appropriate link below. You will be allowed to attach a photo of the found animal at the end of the report.
After you have submitted your online report you'll receive a confirmation email. Within that email YOU MUST click the link in the second paragraph to activate your report
All pets should be scanned for a microchip and a picture should be provided to help get them home. If you are not able to upload a picture when submitting a found report, please bring the pet to the Beaver County Humane Society and we can take a picture to put on the website and scan it for a microchip.
- If you do not wish to complete a Found Pet Report online, call our Lost & Found desk at 724-775-5801 X 105 and we will help you file a found report.
- Bring the animal to the Beaver County Humane Society. Since we are the animal control facility for 18 Boroughs and Townships of Beaver County, most owners will check our facility first. We will hold the found animal through its stray holding period. If unclaimed, the animal’s temperament and health will be assessed for entry into our adoption program.
- For your safety, do not attempt to approach an aggressive and/or scared animal. If you can safely contain the lost animal in your yard, kennel or garage, please call your local police.
I've submitted an online report, what do I do now?
After you have submitted your online report you'll receive a confirmation email. Within that email YOU MUST click the link in the second paragraph to activate your report.
After your report has been submitted you may receive emails from people who think you have found their animal. Also, be proactive! Keep checking the pages titled Animals Reported Lost at Beaver County Humane Society and by the Public to see if the animal you have found appears on one of those pages.
Keep in Mind
If you find a pet, please don't assume it has been abandoned or abused. Often, pets are missing for an extended period of time and may appear neglected or scared.
Many animals now have a microchip implanted under the skin that is a permanent form of identification. This unique number can only be read with a microchip scanner, like those found at Beaver County Humane Society or local veterinary clinics.