PURPOSE: Assist the animal shelter staff and animals by maintaining the grounds around the Humane Society.
Volunteers in this role may volunteer any day of the week between the hours of 8:00-5:30 p.m.
- Mowing the lawn
- Trimming overgrowth on dog walking trails
- Planting flowers
- Power-washing dog play yards
- Cleaning doggy play pools
- Other outdoor projects as needed
SKILLS AND QUALITIES NEEDED:
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Professional, motivated, passion for animals, strong communication skills
- This role requires a regular commitment to maintain our landscaping, ideal candidates will be able to volunteer a minimum of one day a week
- We are hoping for this to be a long-term commitment; we request the ideal candidate commit to volunteer in this role for a minimum of 3 months.
SUMMARY OF ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to loud noise, odors, fumes, chemicals, and animal waste.
- Walks on tiled surfaces and flooring that may be wet or dry.
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as rain, heat, cold, etc.
- May require standing for long period of time, bending, operation of machinery such as a riding lawn mower and/or weedwacker, etc.
TO APPLY: Please complete and submit the online volunteer application for this position.
*All volunteers must abide by all health and safety requirements enforced by the shelter