PURPOSE Assist staff by manning the front desk. This position may include answering the phone, scheduling surgery patients, clinic patients, data entry, etc. This position does require use of a computer and computer system, however any volunteer interested will be fully trained by staff.
SHIFTS Volunteers are needed 7 days a week from 9:00-5:30 p.m. in two-hour shifts.
- Answering the phone, providing answers when able or transferring call to appropriate person
- Using our master schedule, schedule clients
- Data entry
- Pulling messages for our phone log
- Other clerical tasks when needed
SKILLS AND QUALITIES NEEDED
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Professional, motivated, passion for animals, strong communication skills
- For any scheduled shift, we ask for you to provide us assistance for the full 2 hours
- Strong customer service skills
SUMMARY OF ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent exposure to loud noise, odors, fumes, chemicals, and animal waste.
- Walks on tiled surfaces and flooring that may be wet or dry.
- Exposure to animals
- Extended periods of sedentary work
TO APPLY: Please complete and submit the online volunteer application for this position. *To volunteer you must also abide by all health and safety guidelines enforced by the shelter