This position primarily cares for the sick cats in Cat Isolation: cleaning their cages, providing fresh food and water, and monitoring their daily health.
Volunteers will work a minimum of 4 shifts per month, but can always work more! Shifts will be 2-3 hours. Shifts are 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Cleaning and sanitizing cages in Cat Isolation
- Monitoring sick cats’ behavior, eating/drinking habits, stool/urine
- Providing fresh water and feeding special diets accordingly
- Removing soiled blankets/toys, providing clean ones if needed
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Professional, motivated, passion for animals, strong communication skills
- Because surgery help is only needed on Monday’s, any volunteer interested would need to commit to working at least 2 Monday’s per month.
- This role will require 8+ hours of commitment per month
- We request at least a 2 month commitment to be considered for this role
Summary of Environmental Working Conditions
- Frequent exposure to loud noise, odors, fumes, chemicals, and animal waste.
- Walks on tiled surfaces and flooring that may be wet or dry.
- Exposure to controlled substances, needles, syringes, and other supplies used in the pre- and post-operative treatment and the vaccination of animals.
- Exposure to animals that are agitated that may attempt to bite or scratch.
Please complete and submit the online volunteer application. Then please email our Volunteer Coordinator to let her know you are specifically interested in the Veterinary Surgery Technician Support Volunteer position email@example.com.