PURPOSE: This position primarily cares for the sick cats in Cat Isolation: cleaning their cages, providing fresh food and water, and monitoring their daily health.
SHIFTS: Shifts will be 2-3 hours (as long as it takes to finish cleaning). Shifts are available Tuesday-Friday from 8:00-11:00 a.m. OR Saturday-Monday 8:00-11:00 a.m. NOTE: It may not take you until 11:00 a.m. to finish, it will depend on how many sick kitties we have!
- Cleaning and sanitizing cages in Cat Isolation
- Monitoring sick cats’ behavior, eating/drinking habits, stool/urine
- Providing fresh water and feeding special diets accordingly
- Removing soiled blankets/toys, providing clean ones if needed
SKILLS AND QUALITIES NEEDED:
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Professional, motivated, passion for animals, strong communication skills
- This role will require 8+ hours of commitment per month
- We request at least a 2 month commitment to be considered for this role
SUMMARY OF ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent exposure to loud noise, odors, fumes, chemicals, and animal waste.
- Walks on tiled surfaces and flooring that may be wet or dry.
- Exposure to animals that are agitated that may attempt to bite or scratch.
Please complete and submit the online volunteer application for this position.