- About Us
- Get Involved
Lost and Found
The first 24 - 48 hours are the most critical!
Here’s what to do if you’ve just lost or found a pet:
1. Notify your local police department.
2. Check on-line sites for postings: www.telephonepole.org and Craig’s List’s pet and found sections
3. Register your lost pet with us by calling 724-775-5801
4. Notify other local shelters: Western Pennsylvania Humane Society at 412.321.4625; Animal Rescue League at 412.661.6452; or Animal Friends at 412.847.7077
5. Be sure to let your neighbors and local vet offices know you are missing your pet.
6. Post fliers with a photo of your pet throughout your area.
7. Notify friends and family using tools such as FaceBook and register your lost animal on Websites, such as:
Lost pet post cards can be made at Lost Pet Cards
Lost Pet Recovery Tips
Missingpets.com: A nonprofit, nationwide alert system to find your missing pet
Craigslist.org. Many lost pets have been found through this website.
Dog Detective lost pet listing site
If you find a lost animal:
Please contact us and your local police. We will register the found animal in case the owner of the lost animal contacts us or the lost animal is brought to the shelter. You may also want to post flyers and walk through your neighborhood to ask neighbors if they recognize the animal. If you can't hold onto the animal, you should call your local animal control.